||Sheffield, with travel and work from home
Who are we?
Gradconsult is fast paced, award winning consultancy business. We undertake a variety of work in the early careers and talent management arena. Since our launch we have worked with over 55% of UK universities, thousands of SMEs and well-known employer
brands, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Allianz and Specsavers. We are now viewed as one of the most expert providers in the UK and we are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our incredibly driven and fun team. You can find out more about us at
www.gradconsult.co.uk, find/follow/read blogs from our team members on LinkedIn, or follow us on twitter @gradconsult
What’s the role?
A senior consultant role typically includes:
- Designing and managing complex, large-scale recruitment campaigns – from design and compliance through to leading assessment centres or even screening applications at peak times
- Reviewing the performance of campaigns or projects and continually seeking to improve on KPIs
- Conducting research and writing reports, strategy documents or operational plans
- Designing and delivering training initiatives, from one off webinars to large scale programmes across multiple sites and sectors
- Managing multiple stakeholders to ensure client engagement and satisfaction
- Developing direct reports through coaching and regular feedback
- Building the business profile and winning new business through networking, blogging, social media and speaking at events
This is not an exhaustive list. We would work with you to push you out of your comfort zone, giving you exposure to new skills, industries and opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
Our work helps employers to recruit and develop their workforce, or helps universities to increase the employability of their students. As such, this role would be ideal for someone who has worked as a recruitment consultant, an internal L&D or recruitment
team, or has run large-scale placement, internship or graduate schemes. We are looking for someone who:
- Is a strong planner and has proven experience in project delivery – you’ll thrive working with short deadlines and targets, comfortable with juggling multiple priorities and changing needs.
- Is intelligent, interested and curious to learn – you’ll work with a wide variety of clients as well as develop new skills. You must have a growth mindset and confidence to give anything a go!
- Has a strong customer and quality focus – you’ll have a strong drive to exceed customer requirements and deliver exceptional quality work.
- Can design and deliver engaging presentations - past experience in training deign would also be beneficial.
- Will be proactive and self-driven – there won’t always be someone who has ‘done it before’ to train you, you have to be confident to find and craft your own solutions.
- Is detail oriented and happy to sweat the small stuff – it won’t all be strategy and stakeholders, it’s admin, systems, data analysis, invoicing and screening too!
- Is a strong influencer – you’ll have professional gravitas and will be able to engage effectively with everyone from HR Directors, Vice Chancellors, employees and students alike.
- Can win business and new clients – some experience of business development or sales would be advantageous but the willingness, aptitude and skills to do this are what is really key.
- Must be a great coach, able to motivate and transfer knowledge – helping both clients and colleagues to continually improve and innovate
All the practical stuff
- Salary: £30-£35,000pa dependent upon your experience and skills
- Location: The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX office base with regional/national travel and flexibility to work from home
- Days/hours: Full-time role, 37.5 hours per week. But if this is your ideal role and you need a bit of flex please apply and let us know the details in your covering letter
- Start date: October/November 2020
- Benefits: 32 days holiday per year plus extra for Christmas closure, flexible employee benefits scheme and pension
Think you’re the person for the job? We’d love to hear from you...
Please submit your CV and covering letter via our ATS by 9am on Wednesday 30th September. Your covering letter will be particularly important to demonstrate your professional communication style (crucial as a consultant), research skills, market understanding
and suitability for the role. We will then be inviting a number of people to complete a video interview (can be done anytime from any location!) between 3-6th October before a final interview and some work-based exercises in the week commencing 12th
Equality and diversity
We're an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity
status or disability status. If you do require any adjustments during our recruitment process to enable you to perform at your best we would really encourage you to let us know what you need and how we can help.