Early Careers Development (ECD) Apprenticeship and Professional Education Manager, Learning, Human Resources, London – 12 months FTC
Supporting the ECD Senior Manager you will input into the Firm’s Apprenticeship and Professional education strategy and ensure that as the nature of the business changes we have the right professional education qualifications in place to future proof the business.
You will work with the business to support the annual planning and review of Apprenticeship /Professional education requirements across the business, helping to ensure they are fit for purpose, current and that they deliver impact.
Working with business stakeholders you will ensure that Deloitte is compliant in delivering professional education across Accounting and Tax and that these qualifications and pathways are fit for purpose. You will work with the apprenticeship manager to manage the supplier relationship for apprenticeship / professional education ensuring that the suppliers deliver a strong student experience and high pass rates for Deloitte students.
You will have accountability for professional education policies that support students in your service line to gain a professional education.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
- Deliver the apprenticeship /professional education programmes to meet the needs of the business. Ensuring that all programmes continue to reflect the changing needs of the business
- Lead on Governance issues with external bodies to ensure that Deloitte meets all compliance standards for delivering professional education
- As the SME on professional education input into policy decisions at institute and provider level to ensure that the qualifications remain fit for purpose and meet the needs of the business
- With the Senior Manager ECD and apprenticeship manager represent Deloitte on professional education and input where appropriate on external panels and committees and maintain external market knowledge.
- Know your client Act as the SME on Professional education to deliver a best in class student experience and ensure that students are supported in achieving high pass rates.
- Act as an SME, ‘Subject Matter Expert’, and work closely with Learning Business Partners and Business stakeholders to ensure design and delivery of professional education pathways meets business needs.
- Manage the exam results process for your programmes and work with business stakeholders and HRA to ensure that contract terminations and entitled to re-sit are executed to process and in a timely manner.
- Face-off to a broad range of HR stakeholders including relevant business partners, Talent CoE, Resourcing CoE and HR SSO.
- Work with the Apprenticeship manager to ensure that professional education pathways are embedded into the apprenticeship and input into the development and shape of the apprentice strategy to meet the needs of the service lines across the business
- Work closely with apprenticeship / professional education providers to establish a service level agreement and partner with the provider to ensure this is delivered. Feed up to senior manager as appropriate as SLAs and contracts are re-negotiated and reviewed.
- Policies will be written by the Apprenticeship / Prof Ed Manager, approved by professional education partners and signed-off by Senior Manager ECD.
- Work with Learning Admin to ensure that there is Governance on query management and that Service now SLAs are adhered to and escalated appropriately
- Lead on the upskilling of the Learning Admin team in both MK and India so they are appropriately equipped to answer queries in a consistent and accurate manner
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based at our London office, with an option of working from home one day a week
This is a fixed term contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- A bachelor's degree or international equivalent
- Experience of delivering and/or managing professional qualifications – ideally ACA or ATT/CTA qualified
- Several years of experience in a similar role, either within Professional Services or a professional education provider
- Experience and passion in talent development and learning, with a firm grasp of human resources.
- A great communicator, with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels in the organisation.
- An expert at building networks and connections, on both regional and global levels.
- Strong experience of a base of project/programme management.
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.