||Institute of Student Employers
Description & Details
The ISE board has two employer director vacancies. We would love to hear from you if you have:
- The skills necessary to take on a leadership role with the leading voice of student employers
- Opinions on the future direction of the ISE and want to put them into action
- Considerable experience in student recruitment and development and a great network that you can leverage to make the ISE even greater
We would particularly welcome applications from senior professionals in the following sectors: engineering, retail, public, consulting, FMCG, energy/utilities. Additionally, if you have significant senior experience in apprenticeship recruitment/development or finance, IT or legal skills, we would love to hear from you.
- Along with your fellow Directors, you will help shape the strategy of the ISE to ensure we meet the needs of our members both now and in the future
- You will represent and be accountable to all our members for the stewardship of the ISE, now in its 52nd year
- You will take responsibility at board level for a strand of ISE activity
- You will be accessible to the ISE membership and engage in a wide range of ISE events and activities.
- Please have a read of our constitution for more details on our formal structure and the legal requirements regarding the role.
Key points to note are:
- Directors must be employed by a member organisation
- The appointment is conditional on approval of ISE members
- The term is limited to no more than four years
- Directors are registered with Companies House
As a rough guide, board activities consume 1-2 days per month on average. There are 4-6 board meetings per year, one involving an overnight stay. Directors also attend the ISE’s key events including the annual conference.
How to Apply / Contact
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.The deadline for applications is 21 February. The selection process consists of two interviews with existing board members. The first-round interviews will take place on 18 March and the second round on 23 April.
If you’d like to discuss the role in more detail with Debs McCormick (ISE Chair), myself or another board member please contact me at the ISE office or by email at email@example.com