Police Now is looking for a Marketing Manager, who will be responsible for ensuring that we have a pipeline of talented and diverse individuals committed to our mission of community transformation. The role will have key responsibility for the attraction and onboarding of candidates onto our programmes. The team has won over 20 recruitment and marketing awards and recently launched a market leading campaign for the National Graduate Leadership Programme, so it's an exciting time to join.
Having our mission and values at heart, we are looking for a proven and highly credible Marketing Manager who will drive to hit ambitious targets which increase year on year. You, through a range of different marketing techniques, will build a pipeline of talented graduates to ensure Police Now delivers over 500 quality hires in a number of regions across England and Wales each year.
We are looking for a confident and passionate manager who will lead and inspire our team of marketers and love delivering exceptional results. You must be an individual with strong graduate recruitment marketing experience of at least five years and have a successful track record in leading teams. You will need a results-driven attitude and a drive to exceed ambitious targets.
We want charismatic candidates with exceptional client relationship, excellent persuasive communication, confident presentation skills, a can-do attitude and find it easy to work well in a close-knit team. You must possess the ability to plan and deliver marketing campaigns and events, manage a varied workload, be professional and effective and have an unwavering sense of possibility.
We need someone who is prepared to lead a team to achieve first-rate results, embodying the Police Now values and behaving with optimism and operating well in ambiguity.
What You’ll Do
Inspire and lead a team of marketers
- We are looking for someone with a proven track record of leading medium sized teams. You must come with a natural way of inspiring and leading teams being able to do this with grace and ease.
- Develop the team so that every individual reaches their personal best.
- Ability to drive and lead marketing activity for our team, run appraisals and manage performance of team members with little guidance.
- You will be responsible for delivering top quality marketing campaigns. Working with the Head of Marketing, you will create, develop and execute campaigns for all relevant audiences.
- Manage relationships with various third party suppliers and agencies. Working closely with key contacts to negotiate the best deals and execute campaigns by effectively utilising inventory.
- Own the execution of overarching marketing plan ensuring there is one central point for all marketing activity to be viewed.
- Lead the analysis and ongoing review of campaigns, reporting findings to the Head of Marketing with suggestions on how to react to both positive and negative campaign performance.
- Work closely with team members to support them in delivering their workload to ensure we have suitable applicant pipelines for our programmes.
Drive an effective and inspiring onboarding process
- You will be responsible for the centralised communications element of the candidate onboarding process, working with the Graduate Recruitment Manager and Operations Manager to ensure we are on track to deliver the target number of diverse hires for every police force.
- Work with each marketer in the team to encourage them to provide a varied but consistent form of communication that is appropriate for each stage of the process.
- Work effectively across the business to ensure all internal stakeholders feed into the onboarding process while keeping a consistent tone of voice.
- Support and lead on projects related to improvement as required.
- Have diversity and inclusion in the heart of all you do, contributing to the ideas and delivery of our strategy to attract outstanding and diverse graduates.
- Respond quickly to an ever changing early careers marketing and Police Now landscape.
- Represent Police Now at attraction, recruitment and onboarding events.
- Work with the Graduate Recruitment Manager to analyse progress towards objectives suggesting marketing techniques to meet and exceed targets.
- Any other ad-hoc duties and projects.
What You’ll Need
- Strong experience in graduate recruitment marketing.
- An exceptional track record (five or more years) and evidence of leading teams, creating and executing compelling campaigns to inspire university students and graduates.
- Detailed understanding of the graduate recruitment space and experience presenting at attraction events.
- Proven ability and evidence of establishing and nurturing business relationships.
- You will have gravitas, highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to have impact and influence with senior level stakeholders.
- Adaptable, thrive in change and flexible to deal with unexpected situations or changes.
- Great judgement - able to demonstrate sound decision making.
- Able to articulate challenging messages and identify when to escalate to the appropriate level.
- Excellent time management, organisational skills and attention to detail - proficiency in Microsoft Office. Can quickly grasp other technical systems and previous competent use of campaign measurement systems.
- Ability to go the extra mile and thrive in a busy environment - availability to work some evenings and be available to travel as necessary.
What you’ll get from us
- The opportunity to work at a charity that is fast-paced, responsive to change and made up of people who truly believe in what they are doing and who want to contribute to positive change.
- Be part of a society-defining organisation, make a difference and change the lives of people in the most challenged communities in the country through how they perceive and interact with the police.
- A great team passionately working to build the next generation of leaders inside and outside policing.
- A bright, airy, modern and buzzing office in Moorgate, Central London.
- Competitive salary of £42,000-£48,000 per annum dependent on experience.
- Flexible working to suit the role and the member of staff.
- Police Now’s core benefits package includes 27 days holiday and participation in a pension scheme.