||City of London (Moorgate)
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit. Founded in 1990, Mace has grown to achieve a £2bn turnover in 2018 employing over 5700 people across the globe. Our Vision is to be the industry leader in shaping cities and building sustainable communities to be achieved by fulfilling our mission to continuously pursue a better way.
Mace’s approach to Emerging Talent (Graduates, Undergraduates, Apprentices and Trainees) has been an integral part of their approach to developing their internal talent for much of its history. With direct sponsorship and support from the Mace Group Board, Mace’s Emerging Talent Programmes have a high profile in the organisation and have been recognised externally in a number of Awards and rankings.
This role is based within the Talent and Development Team, within the Human Resources department. The key focus is operational leadership and management of Mace’s Higher or Degree level Apprentices and Trainees and play a role in supporting all activity related to management of Mace’s Emerging Talent programmes.
· Manage and deliver effective cohort management for Higher and Degree level Apprentices and Trainees providing support and guidance to Apprentices, Trainees and their line managers
· Manage Performance Management processes effectively in collaboration with Mace People colleagues relevant to Higher Degree Apprentices and Trainees
· Central Co-ordinator and facilitator for Apprentice and Trainee Steering Group to provide effective governance for Apprenticeship and Trainee Programme
· Design and delivery of the induction and internal programme of training and development for Higher/Degree Apprentices and Trainees
· Supplier management of external suppliers and training providers relevant to Mace Apprentices and Trainees
· Provide required input and support to Emerging Talent Recruitment activity.
· Support delivery of wider Emerging Talent related activity and wider responsibilities of Mace Talent and Development Team and Mace People Team including attendance at external recruitment events at universities, schools and colleges
· Effective management and reporting on budget for Apprentice and Trainee Development
· Regular reporting on progress of Apprentices and Trainees to senior internal stakeholders
· Enter information on to, and manage Mace Apprenticeship Levy account for Mace Higher and Degree Apprentices
· Ensure all opportunities to claim CITB grant arising from Apprentice/Trainee development activity are realised
· Line management of one direct report
Required Technical Competencies
· Understanding of Secondary & Higher Education in the UK
· Strong cohort management ability
· Supplier management skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – minimum Basic level in Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Skype for Business
· Strong understanding of Apprenticeships in the UK and Apprenticeship Levy.
· Identifying training needs
· Familiarity with online application tracking systems
· Experience of working for/in a Construction/Built Environment Employer
· Experience of knowledge of best practice in Emerging Talent Development, within UK
· Knowledge of appropriate Performance Management processes
Behavioural Competencies required
The key behavioural competencies required to perform the role well are outlined below.
· Effective communication skills with all levels of colleagues including Board Directors, Senior Leaders, Line managers and Entry level colleagues
· Confident, clear and professional verbal and written communication
· Able to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
· Successful ambassadorial ability to represent Mace externally
· Strong Project Management and time management skills including ability to successfully manage multiple work streams to achieve both quality and time based objectives
· Genuine interest and passion in Mace
· Genuine interest and passion to work in Emerging Talent Management
· Effective Team working skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Line management experience
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience required
· Experience of co-ordinating design and delivery of internal training events
· Experience of managing external recruitment advertising and talent and development suppliers
· Experience of managing internal development programmes.
· Assoc. CIPD membership or higher
· Qualified in Psychometric testing and assessment