||The Institute of Student Employers (ISE)
Description & Details
Our excellent research analyst Samuel Gordon is moving onto pastures new this Summer so we need to replace him. The research and analysis we carry out on behalf of members is at the core of what we do so if you are a bit of a data geek, are fascinated by the student recruitment and development market, can apply research led thinking to labour market issues and aid the decision-making of our hundreds of members, please get in touch.
We have an open mind about how this role might work so this is a great opportunity for someone to shape how it is delivered – we are happy to consider full or part-time options. We are based in London but will also consider anyone regionally based.
• Four years ago the ISE (formerly AGR) brought its research activities in-house to integrate our industry knowledge and analysis deeper within the organisation
• The knowledge we share on the student labour market and industry practices is a key reason members join and remain in the ISE
• Our knowledge also informs areas of policy related to education and skills and is used by government and educators
• We undertake two key pieces of applied employer research every year, which take several months to deliver. Our annual Recruitment Survey & Development Survey are comprehensive snapshots of how UK employers hire and train students.
• We also undertake addition research into areas such as: apprentices, internships, industry structures and collaborate with external partners were appropriate
• Additional ad-hoc research is also carried out at a sector/member level
• Our current research analyst presents our data at range of events from large-scale conferences to bespoke member meetings
• Our current research analyst undertakes all research and analysis activities in-house
• However we are open to a model that outsources certain aspects of this work, i.e. data gathering and initial analysis
• But the core knowledge and analysis must remain integral to our organisation
The ideal person will:
• Will be passionate about using applied research and analysis to increase understanding, suggest solutions and promote meaningful change in our industry
• Be keen to use our knowledge to influence policy
• Have the credibility and influencing skills to engage with senior stakeholders within our industry
• Be highly numerate, have good attention to detail, and be able to tell a story with data
• Be consultative in their approach and able to tease out new insight from existing datasets
• Be able to work autonomously/relatively independently
• Be interested in continuous improvement
• Have knowledge of research methods and data systems
• Be able to present research in a clear, meaningful and impactful manner both face to face and via our numerous written channels (magazine, social media, website)
• Will have experience and knowledge of the student recruitment and development market.
As well as the broader membership, the role is accountable to three key stakeholders:
• The ISE CEO
• The ISE Board – in particular the research and policy board sponsors
• The research and policy steering group
How to Apply / Contact
Please get in touch with Stephen Isherwood at email@example.com , quoting "ISE Research & Analysis Role" in the subject line, to have a further conversation, ideally by Friday 18th May.
Advertise your job on ISE jobs board
Find out how >