Best Preparation for Work: Overall Strategy Award
This award is focused on a University Careers Service’s overall strategy for preparation for work. It is given to higher education institutions for outstanding commitment to improving the employability and long-term career success of their graduates across a wide range of activities.
Award Assessment Criteria:
- Vision – Is there a clear vision of what you are attempting to do? How strong are the links to the working environment? How have you ensured that your approaches are highly relevant to today’s job/career/employer demands? How will it stay relevant?
- Description of how your approaches prepares graduates for work – What is innovative about your overall approach to preparing graduates for work, which others could adopt or adapt? What challenges have you had to overcome in preparing graduates for work? What was special about how you overcame these challenges?
- Stakeholder engagement – Is there a clear understanding of the internal and external stakeholders involved in your strategic approach to preparing graduates for work? How did you get these stakeholders to support your work? Are stakeholders involved in delivery of the strategy? How do you ensure that stakeholders’ involvement is of high quality?
- Impact – Do you have evidence that your strategy has resulted in students being better prepared for the world of work? How have you measured initial impact, and what plans are in place for tracking long-term impact? How many have benefited as a percentage of your total student population? What are your plans to develop this?
Award Submission Guide
- Who can enter?
The ISE Best Preparation for Work: Overall Strategy Award is open to ISE members only. Entries are FREE of charge.
- The rules
1. Submissions should relate to current scheme/most recent scheme. Please state the scheme start and finish dates in your submission.
2. Limit your entry to 2000-words (500 for each of the four sections listed above)
3. All entries must be accompanied by a 100- word summary of the entry as you would like it to appear on all publicity material (this is in addition to the 2000-word entry)
4. You can attach single page infographic or single page of 3-4 images (in PDF format only)
5. You can submit one web link (this is in addition to the 2000-word entry)
6. All entries must be submitted via our online entry system (below)
7. Companies may enter more than one category, provided that each entry has been specifically written to address the relevant criteria and is accompanied by a separate 100-word synopsis.
- How to enter
1. Complete the online entry form (below) explaining in 2000 words or less, why you or your company should be considered a winner this year. Please refer to the category criteria as a guide.
2. Submit your entry and you will receive an automated submission receipt.
ISE recognizes and respects the sensitive nature of the information submitted in the entries. We ensure that this recognition is shared by our Judging Panel and entries are not disclosed or discussed outside the judging process. Please ensure your entry summary contains no confidential or sensitive information.
Award submissions are now closed.