Within this 3-hour session we will be covering some of the hottest issues in the Digital Sector in the student recruitment industry with insight into the latest trends. This event will allow you to network amongst your peers and gain further insight into the challenges they are currently facing and how to overcome them.
Wednesday 23 May 2018
25 Canada Square (Level 40)
London E14 5LQ
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
10:00 – 10:10 – Arrival
10:10 – 10.30 - GDPR
We live in an interconnected, data-driven, big data world! With the GDPR regulation set to take effect shortly, what are the implications on recruiting? Are you up to speed on the new obligations GDPR poses on businesses who collect and process personal data in the EU? The regulation will crack down hard on companies that play fast and loose with customer data. Although some may view GDPR as a complex and challenging regulation, you can turn it to your advantage if you approach it in the right way. Patrick O’Kane - Data Protection Officer at FIS is author of GDPR - Fix It Fast, a best-selling book on Amazon! Patrick will share his experience of GDPR and how it impacts recruitment.
10:30 – 11:20 - The Apprenticeship Levy – a year on
Laurence Basco from the National Apprenticeship Service to provide an update on:
- Funding and policy
- Attraction opportunities
11:20 – 12:00 - Gender Balance
- We are keen to hear if anyone would like to showcase how they have managed to significantly increase the volume of females hired?
- We would also like to know if there is the appetite to explore what we could do something collectively to tackle the issue of girls not choosing tech as a career
12:00 – 12:30 - Final Stage
- Eddie Lewis from Final Stage will be providing an overview of their talent sharing tool whereby we can share our near miss candidates.
12:30 – 13:00 - Growing a thriving digital ISE sector community
- What does an engaged ISE membership look and feel like?
- What should we expect of our members?
- How can we get engagement working more effectively outside the digital sector meetings?
- What platforms would allow us to do this?
Kindly hosted by FisGlobal
* This meeting is open to all employer members*
Testimonials from previous Digital meetings:
- Very good session with useful discussion points.
- Very useful to see statistics, share best practices & issues being faced as well as solutions. Really enjoyable session.
- I really like the content. Gave me a better understanding of the stats/market trends with the Digital sector and others.
- Liked the flexibility of open discussion rather than a rigid presentation.
- Very insightful and good discussion.