As the student recruitment industry becomes more competitive and employers start reaching out to students earlier in their academic careers, it’s important for both employers and universities, and even suppliers, to build strategic and effective partnerships to maximise the benefit for all mentioned stakeholders (students too). This course provides insight and tools as to how to build those mutually beneficial relationships from all stakeholders’ perspectives. Added to this, the jargon, the ratings, the university types can all get very confusing. This course aims to enable you with appropriate information to plan your university targeting strategies as you either embark on the student recruitment path or have an existing campaign and want to know how to enhance your university targeting strategy going forward.
Who should attend?
Mainly targeted at junior to intermediate levels but seniors may get value if they are looking to change their university strategy or for those individuals who “double hat” their role in HR and/or work for small to medium organisations where they are responsible for the full recruitment mandate. This course is also suited to members of university careers services teams!
Benefits of attending?
Discuss current trends in UK Higher Education and understand some key global variations
Decode some of the key jargon relevant to employers used within universities
Share practical, contextualised, university engagement ideas with colleagues
Identify the most critical factors for their organisation in choosing university partners and a process for how to evaluate these
Feel more confident about building recruitment partnerships with university careers services and discussing the topic with colleagues
Course instructor: Mike Grey of Gradconsult and an ISE associate
Mike is an Associate of the ISE and delivers our training focussed on understanding HE and working effectively with careers services. He also delivers training for Universities, on behalf of AGCAS and is a member of the Employer Advisory Board for Henley Business School.
He is a Senior Consultant at Gradconsult and brings his years of experience working within Higher Education, developing industrial partnerships and employability strategy, to consult on a wide range of projects with universities and employers. He recently received the Outstanding Contribution Award at the National Undergraduate Employability Awards 2016 and delivered a TEDx talk called 'The Work Ready Graduate Conundrum'.
He is a passionate advocate for graduate recruitment and the employability agenda across the UK and Europe. He Chaired PlaceNet (The professional network for HE employability professionals), has been a member of the Target Jobs Editorial Board and currently features on the EURASHE (European Association of Higher Education) list of European Higher Education Experts.
ISE member rate - £205.00 (+VAT)
non-ISE member rate - £270.00 (+VAT)
- ''Although a brief course, lots of room for discussion & idea sharing & ‘lightbulb moments.' - Amiee Winney, SWAT UK
- ''A great session, made even more valuable from sharing thoughts and experiences from others.'' - Charlotte Robertson, PwC
- ''A great insight into how other companies are utilising university events and schemes.'' – Hannah Bore, Arcadia
- ''For someone like me who is new to student attraction, it's really insightful to hear about what other companies do!'' - Francesca DiTano, Explore Learning
- ''Insightful – made me think from a different perspective.'' - John Ellis, SWAT UK
- ''Mike is enthusiastic and very knowledgeable in the graduate market and brings to life the session so the learning can be applied. Very useful for new to semi experienced graduate recruiters from all industries.'' - Karl Zegarac, KPMG