Within this 3-hour session we will be covering some of the hottest issues and the latest trends in development. This event will allow you to network amongst your peers and gain further insight into the challenges they are currently facing and how to overcome them.
- A chance for your input: ISE Development Survey 2018
Samuel Gordon, Research Analyst, ISE
In this interactive session, Sam will provide an overview of existing ISE (AGR) research on development trends and explore ways we can build on this research in future. Topics include efforts to close soft skills gaps, improve retention and provide post-programme support in 2017. You will get a unique chance to shape the questions we ask for the ISE Development Survey 2018, which will open for employer responses on the 20th November.
Emotionally Intelligent Graduate Development
Tony Ellender, Emerging Talent Manager, Balfour Beatty and Rebekah Beadle, Management Training Consultant, Dove Nest Group
Emotional intelligence and Balfour Beatty’s Graduate Development programme: translating theory into behaviour. Why we did it, how we did it and the impact it has had for individuals and the organisation.
- The Police Now Leadership Programme
Detective Inspector Alex Bingley, Head of Leadership Delivery and Sarah Carney, Leadership Development Manager - Police Now
Police Now's mission is to transform communities, reduce crime and increase the public's confidence in policing - by recruiting and developing outstanding and diverse individuals to be leaders in society and on the policing frontline. In this presentation Alex and Sarah will describe the journey of the programme over the last three years and how it is now recruiting and developing neighbourhood constables for 19 forces across the country.
Kindly hosted by Civil Service Fast Stream & Early Talent, London.
- A thoroughly enjoable and informative afternoon - a diverse range of excellent speakers. Jake Meyer, IDH
- Stepping away from your operational role and looking at the bigger picture is invaluable. Talking to others in the same field, sharing ideas is refreshing and gives you the chance to look at topics from a different perspective. - E.ON
- Great presenters and a good mix of relevant content. Always a good opportunity to increase my network with likeminded early career professionals.
- Very valuable session - for some great ideas for induction + development of our graduates.
- Really enjoyed all presentations today. Very engaging, informative and inspiring.
* This event is only open to current ISE members.
** Due the popularity of these events, it may be necessary to restrict entrance to one person per member organisation.